Thursday, June 20, 2013

Me? A blogger?

I seriously never imagined myself having a blog. I'm totally techy-challenged and didn't even really know what a 'blog' was until about a year ago. I know. You would think I've been living under a rock.

 So, you might be wondering why I decided to start a blog. I'm sort of wondering the same thing myself. Here are my thoughts: 1) I really love to write. I've seriously thought about writing a book, but the amount of time it would take scares me. 2) I love to make people laugh. It honestly is one of my favorite hobbies.... Is that a hobby? I vote yes. 3) I love helping people. My husband would call this "bossy pants", but that really isn't my intent. And really, I'm usually the most helpful by sharing examples of what NOT to do. Trust me. I make LOTS of mistakes and am usually the first person to laugh at myself when I screw up!

When I first decided to start a blog I began thinking of a blog title. (This was when my 'little grub' was only 6 weeks old, so I was still extremely sleep deprived and half crazy.) I came up with, what I thought was, a catchy, alliterative title that encompassed things about me: love. laugh. live. It was only a few days later that I realized I wasn't as crafty as I gave myself credit for..."Live Laugh Love" was practically labeled on everything, including a picture frame in my bathroom that I look at everyday. I seriously didn't even realize I had basically copied this little slogan and it wasn't in the least bit creative.....Rookie Blogger, mistake #1!

About a month later, I thought I'd give this blogging thing another shot. After I finally figured out how to find the damn thing, I double checked with my hubby to make sure I really needed to change the title. "Is this title dumb?" I naively asked him. Without a glimpse of hesitation, or even turning his head from the TV, he enthusiastically answered "YES!".....Well, okay then. I guess I'll be needing to think of something else.

I had seen so many clever blog titles throughout my obsessive Pinterest habit, but I just couldn't think of anything that I liked or that really went with the vision of my blog. After a few intense rounds of Candy Crush (another recent addiction of mine) it came to me! Little Grub. One of the ridiculous names we call Bennett. Jon actually coined this one when Bennett was about a week old and was wrapped up tight in one of his swaddlers 'Grub Suits'.


Here's Little Grub when he was 4 days old! I can't believe how much he's grown already!!

No comments:

Post a Comment