Sunday, July 14, 2013

Writer's Workshop: My Favorite Summer View

I'm a newbie to the blogging world. I have recently been introduced to Mama Kat. She's hilarious. I'm obsessed with her blog. I want to be her friend.

Each week, she does a Writer's Workshop with a list of writing prompts to choose from. I'm a teacher, so of course this excites me. The prompt I chose to write about this week is: My Favorite Summer View.....

Since my mom has retired, she has discovered a new hobby: hiking. Tuesdays are hiking days. Since we are temporarily summer roommates with my parents, Bennett and I joined the 'Tuesday Trekkers' on their adventure last week. We had so much fun!!! And when I say we, I really mean I.


As a new mom, it always makes me a little nervous to go on new adventures. There are so many things to think about and I seem to always forget something important.... a blanket, a burp rag, baby wipes, diapers, a binkie. It never fails. This time I actually managed to remember it all. But of course, there is always something:

We were all packed and ready to head out the door. Not wanting to make the other ladies late, I was attempting to wheel my giant stroller out to the car and get everything loaded. Truman, our manipulative, conniving Terrier, bolted out the door and decided to go hang out next to the big, scary Rottweiler next door. Perfect timing. I'm no dog whisperer and in fact, if he could, Truman would probably flip me off with his paw everyday. Instead, he just mean-mugs me.
Luckily, our hiking partners arrived and of course, he needed to viciously bark uncontrollably at them and growl at their feet. My mom, who is the Truman whisperer, got him in the house and away we went.

So, my favorite summer view?
 
One of many beautiful places along our hike. I love everything about this picture! It really encompasses so much of my hometown and reminds me how much I love and miss it!


Another favorite view from our adventure:


 
That face seriously melts my heart. He loved laying on that huge rock, looking at everything around him, kicking his legs like crazy.



And, I learned something new: how to change a diaper in the stroller in the woods. Check that one off my list!

I also learned how to feed him, standing up in the woods, but I'll spare you and not post that picture.


Overall, we had a perfect day!



Bennett gives hiking 2 thumbs up! Can't wait for another adventure this Tuesday!!!

1 comment:

  1. 1. If I had a view like that, I would walk EVERY SINGLE DAY.

    2. Baby Grub is even more beautiful than the view!

    ReplyDelete